Wednesday 1 November 2017

Those Dengue Days-My Gratitude

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls, blossom-Marcel Proust

Location: JNU Medical College & Hospital, Jaipur National University, Jaipur.                 
Date 14th-22nd Oct 2017
 
It was on 16th Oct 2017; there was 6 days leave for Diwali in our university. I had to catch the flight early morning next day from Delhi to Dibrugarh, Assam; already I did the web check-in and took the printout of the Boarding Pass. I was suffering from fever from 14th Oct, though I had consulted the doctor, the doctor advised me to do the blood test for dengue check. I thought it was normal fever and it will be fine within 1-2 days.

When the report came; dengue detected, but still I was not admitted to the hospital, as the platelets level was 98K. Next day my condition was more severe, so immediately I was admitted to JNU Hospital with the help of Lokesh sir and Sahoo sir along with students.

After one day, i.e.on 17th Oct more critical phase started, fever, vomiting, loose motion; on 18th-19th continuous bleeding started from my nose, as you know bleeding reflects a serious condition of dengue patients. You can imagine my condition from the platelets counts graph of various days. When the whole country was celebrating Diwali with fun and enjoyment, I was laying in a medical bed with a critical situation without family member…Do you know? Today I survived because of some great people, they again confirmed that human mankind still exists in this world, I will be always grateful to all of them. 

Life always teaches us through various problems, sometimes life gives us more than what we expected; today I survived because of those four final year students (Rupesh, Ziauddin, Ajeet and Raushan). Since they did not go to their home in Diwali due to internal practical exams, just after the Diwali vacation. What they did for me…. Indescribable...I have no words….I received unimaginable help and support from them, they stayed at hospital 24x7 for 7 days and managed all (from medicine to Bakri ka Doodh-Goat Milk). They divided into two shifts (two at Nights and two during days). Ohh God… As you know in dengue case…medicine is secondary, patients recovery is based on willpower, papaya leaf juice, Kiwi fruits, Goat Milk, continuous medical saline bottle and liquid foods and fruits (Anar and Coconut Water must). In relation, they are my students, but during those days they taught me some great life lessons. They forced me to eat in every 30 minutes. Oh God, they were very strict in those days. Thank you is a small word for their indescribable help…honestly, I have no words to express my gratitude for them…

Also, I would like to thanks to other students, especially Ankit Vivek, Somya and Rozy for their continuous help and support during those tough days. Hey Somya and Rozy…… you regularly brought khichdi for me, unable to taste during illness, but now I am recalling the taste, it was delicious. During recovering days (after discharged)…Manish Guniyal, Kapil, Aatish, Rohan and all EC students help me a lot, thank you all...Love you all.

Most Importantly, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Chancellor of the university Dr. Sandeep Bakshi sir, because of him I received 100% full support and help at JNU Hospital. In addition, I received great help from my mentor and officially HoD sir (Prof. (Dr.) Sudhir, Kr. Sharma), Mr. Tushar Sharma sir (Sr. AO, JNU Jaipur). Maybe, their one call brought me in normal life track from such severe condition, today I realize, sometimes one call can make a huge impact in our life.

In addition, Thank you to all colleagues from my department- Puneet Kalia Sir (Taste of Papaya leaf Juice..Your idea..Sahoo’s experiment), Lokesh Lodha SirAnil Aggrawal SirMukesh Sir, Manoj Sir, Dilip Bhai etc...Including all), they were my backbone support and platelets analyzer during those days.

Still, I am remembering that semi unconscious moment of 15th Oct, where Lokesh sir, Anil sir, and Sahoo sir brought me to Dr. Lal Lab for platelets count checkup…on the way that vomiting situation.near RTO Office.ohh...Vomiting flux rate (IN2OUT) was more than the speed of Bullet Train..Thank God.

Most heartily and respectfully, thank you to all JNU Hospital staffs, for their incredible support and love, especially I have to mention two names from medicine department Dr. Rampool sir and Sundar Bhaiya (Nursing Staff), both they continuously motivated me to be positive, where my condition was not good. After a long dark night, there always a beautiful morning comes and finally, the day came when I was discharged on 22nd Oct with 134k blood platelets counts.

When the Diwali vacation was over, immediately, I joined my duty. But still, my health was not perfectly recovered, in those days my work (Classes+Labs+Other departmental work) was managed by my colleagues. Ohh God I've been so lucky to work with such great people? Why sometimes God favors me so much? Thank you, Aditya SirNaim sir, Pankaj Sir, Sandeep Sir, Chandrasekhar Sir, Kanupriya Mam... the list goes on...Also, I would like to thank Charanjeet Sir (JNU Main Admin Staff) for his kind support.

Hey, the list of my true thankfulness is not finished yet, about my illness was not informed at my home (except younger Brother, Didi-Resided at Noida and Mama) as there has been another critical problem going in my family…its LIFE there always ups and downs…be patiently we have to go through it..no other option.

During those days, directly or indirectly I have received so many wishes, love and support from all my friends’ circles, students, colleagues and extended relatives. Due to my condition, personally, I was unable to receive your call or reply your message, sorry for that. I will be always thankful to all of you.

Hey, where is Sahoo sir (Name Girija Shanker Sahoo)? The unsung hero of my survival, my roommate/colleague, no need to say thank you to him....as in our close bonding we deleted two words from our dictionary “Sorry” and “Thank you”, he is like my brother….no words. Indescribable again, what he did for me.

I have nothing to return back to all of you…here I am not just saying Thank you…here Thank You means I truly mean it…..Heartily gratitude to all of you...May God bless you all.
  Truly
  Kalyan Acharjya 

No comments:

Post a Comment